League play is good for improving match play skills, testing your Table Tennis skills against a variety of other players, and also a great way to make new friends.
North Shore Seniors League (NSSL)Season 12
You can follow the 6 teams who started season 12 on Wednesday Sept 27, and see their match results and stats by clicking on a link to the Season 12 League website here – https://tinyurl.com/NSSL-season-12
Although the Team rosters are now set for the league, you can still sign up to be a spare by filling out and submitting the entry form below. Note – The league has waived the $30 entry fee for spares, so you only need to pay the $10 match day fee when you play. For more info about sparing, please contact the league spare coordinator Arn Coleman at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Start Date: Wednesday September 27, 2023. End Date: November 29, 2023 (10 weeks/ 2 rounds) Host Venue: Navy League Hall, 1555 Forbes ave, North Vancouver. Match Time: All matches will start 11:00 am – Warm-Up: 10:30 am.
Season 12 entry form: Entry Form NSSL Season 12
- 3 player formats with each player playing 2 matches unless 3rd player unavailable, then each player plays 3 matches. All teams to use best efforts to field 3 player teams each week.
- Handicap system 4 levels with 2 points for each level difference for a maximum of 6 points, except for doubles where the maximum shall be 4 points.
- Ratings for Season 12 will be based on season 10 statistics subject to league committee approval.
- Teams to be determined by Captain’s drafts
- Added Players without league committee approved ratings may be assigned a temporary rating until they have an approved rating.
- Teams will play best 3 out of 5 games to 11 rally points (win by two points).
- The team that wins 3 of the 5 matches shall win the team match, however all game matches should be played as ranking will be based on points for each game match won.
- League Spare provision- Teams needing a spare to avoid defaulting (is unable to field at least 2 players) should contact the Spare coordinator (Arn) in advance of Match Day. He will contact the league spare to see if he is available, if not we will do our best to arrange for a player from another team who is not needed to avoid defaulting. Matches may also be rescheduled by mutual agreement of Captains.
- Where a team with a para-player is only able to field 2 players, and one is a para-player, a modified doubles match format shall be used.
- Rules are based on International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) rules.
- Non-white clothing to be worn during matches.
- Appropriate footwear-court shoes with non-marking soles
- Players may be required to umpire their own matches
Note: Per league rules, 2 points are credited for a win, 1 point for a loss and 0 points for a default.
You will be able to follow teams and see season 12 match results and stats by clicking on a link to the Season 12 League website once it is published. Meanwhile, you may want to checkout the NSSL Season 11 Web Site : : https://tinyurl.com/NS-Season-11
For more information about leagues contact League Co-Chairs; Mike Dumler: email@example.com / 604-340-6774, or Luba Sadovska: firstname.lastname@example.org / 604 209-7037.